From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 96 15:05:30 cst
     Hi Pat-

     You don't need a special solder but rather a better flux. Nickel oxide
     is very tough to solder because of the nature of the oxide itself
     (very dense, coherent, etc.). You need to investigate using a more
     active flux that can breakup the oxide. Warning -the more active the
     flux, the more problems with corrosion. Work with your flux supplier
     and find something a bit stronger than you are using now.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins