TECHNET Archives

November 1999

Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:00:06 +0800
Hello,
Can anyone help to answer the following questions about Surface Insulation Test:

1) I found that all SIR test results showed dramastically decrease in resistance reading after placing the test coupons into the chamber.  However, i found some test results showed increase in resistance gradually after a period of time the coupons in chamber, may be after 24 hours or 2 days.  While some test results showed continuously decrease in resistance.  Can anyone answer this?

2) I have been advised that we must take afford to prevent condensation inside chamber during testing, why?

3) I had experienced that the flux used for wire bonding would degrade the test result, so sometimes, i would not use flux for bonding when it is solder finish.  However, if it is bare copper, problem would happen, can anyone advise some method for this?

Thanks

Leecp