From:
[log in to unmask] (Jerry Cupples)
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:45:50 -0600
David Bruni asked:

>     Is anyone placing jumper wires or ribbons on printed circuit boards
>     (approximately .020 dia) using a pick and place machine?  Who makes
>     the wires?  Do you have them on tape and reel?  Does it require
>     special nozzles?  Any information you can give me would be
>     appreciated.  Thank you.

As we say in Texas "Wah-ers??"

We don't place any jumper wires, but we do use enormous amounts of "zero
ohm resistors" which are in 8 mm tape and cost a fraction of a cent each.
They place just like any other 1206 or 0805 part, easy. Of course, the
designer has to layout the board to accomodate them.

We use them as population options in different versions of our products
built on the same PWB.

Forgive me if that was obvious...

Jerry Cupples
Interphase Corporation