From:
Robert Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
21 Oct 95 08:51:12 EDT
I have been running the wave soldering courses for Electrovert for 8 years, I
have worked in sub contract manufcatre for two years and before that 15 years in
a major OEM. Wave soldering of SOIC devices is not a problem. There has been far
more problems with SOT23 and pasive components.

Soldering QFP devices may need some baking prior to wave soldering. Provided you
evaluate the comoponents prior to use, test there process compatability it is
not a problem.

There are hundreds of users wave soldering SOIC devices, not always well but
that is another issue. During workshops on soldering I conducted 5 years ago in
your country many of the assembly plants were running SOIC devices through the
wave,

Bob Willis
Tel 01245 351502
Fax 01245 496123