TECHNET Archives

April 1999

From:
Les Scontsas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:00:53 EST
arch 31, 1999

Jim Travis
Bev Christian
Ken Morrison
Nicholas Kane

Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Andrew Bloom and I am the Vice President of Corfin Industries LLC.
After reviewing your communications on the TechNet E-mail Forum, I decided to
post this note to inform all of you of the Corfin companies and structure.

There are two (2) Corfin named companies in operation at Salem, NH.  Listed
below are the proper names and addresses of your future reference.

1. Corfin Industries LLC
7B Raymond Ave, Unit 7
Salem, NH 03079
Phone: 603-893-9900
Fax: 603-893-6800
Gerald J. Bernstein, President
Andrew E. Bloom, Vice President
Thomas E. Hamel, Manager Contract Services
Donald F. Tyler, Operations Manager

Corfin Industries LLC is an ISO 9002 Certified trim, form and solder coating
facility where we process product for companies which can not justify the
capital investment.  Our three (3) primary business areas are trim, form and
solder coating fine pitch, high reliability surface mount devices, soldering
only of DIPs, CIPs, PLCCs, LCCs, PGAs, Microwave and Hybrid Devices and
reclamation of product which is no longer solderable due to extended shelf
life corrosion.  We service the Commercial, Military, Aerospace, Consumer
Electronics and Telecommunications Industries.  The facility is certified to
MIL-I-45208, process product to MIL-STD-2000A/ANSI-J and MIL-I-38510J.  All
Corfin Industries equipment is calibrated to MIL-STD-45662 and we maintain an
ESD program to MIL-STD-1686.

Corfin Industries maintains a free first lot evaluation for your review.  This
allows you the opportunity to view our workmanship in advance of doing
business with us and it allows us the opportunity to identify accurate cycle
times, tooling requirements, matrix tray requirements and identify inspection
needs.

Page 2

Corfin Industries has equipment in operation which applies heavy solder to
edge pads on PCB's.  This provides for solder coating thickness of .0015" to
.003" on the pads to eliminate the need to screen solder paste on the pads
prior to connector assembly.  This eliminates pad to pad bridging during the
reflow process.

2. Corfin Automation LLC
7B Raymond Ave., Unit 1
Salem, NH 03079
Phone: 603-893-5100
Fax: 603-893-9033
Gerald J. Bernstein, Chairman of the Board
Michael T. Mittag, President
Alan Roberts, Vice President
Andrew E. Bloom, Sales

Corfin Automation LLC is the industry leader in the manufacture of in-line,
conveyorized and robotic lead finish systems for the Semiconductor Industry.
Corfin Automation LLC is a US company which markets solder coating systems
throughout the world.  The high through put conveyorized equipment is sold
throughout Asia, China, Europe and North America to semiconductor
manufacturers.  Our robotic integrated trim, form and solder coating systems
are also sold to semiconductor manufacturers, however, board level assembly
companies make up about 50% of the market.

In-line Corfin equipment can be integrated with peripheral systems for trim
and form,
Deflash, marking and lead inspection to name a few.  All Corfin equipment
utilizes nitrogen blanketing over the solder surface thereby eliminating
icicling and bridging.

Corfin Automation LLC owns Corfin Automation Canada Inc. which is an
engineering facility for electrical, mechanical and software development.  All
of the equipment is assembled, tested and accepted by the customers in the
Salem, NH facility.

Thank you for your questions and comments published in the TechNet E-mail
Forum.  We would be happy to provide you with additional information about our
products and services at any time.  Please feel free to call me directly to
discuss any questions or comments that you may have.

Very Best Regards,
Corfin Industries LLC

Andrew Bloom
Vices President