From:
"Aric Parr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
11 Dec 96 07:43:12 -0500

     Yes to all of these.

        Follow the wave profile for all of your chip components. Caps and
     ferrite beads will limit your wave profile.

        Make sure your spray fluxer and/or foam fluxer can flux the pads. I
     have seen both shadowed by poor design, mechanical problems, or
     materials.

        Check your dwell time in the wave, especially chip wave. Increased
     contact time helps.

        Check your wave geometry. I have had success with adjusting Hollis
     exit choke bars, Soltec exit weirs, Hollis front choke bars, and
     Soltec dross screens.

        Please note: +- 5 rpm or 20 pounds of solder in the tank make a
     difference in yield.

        SOTS have been a problem, but are no longer at the top of our yield
     pareto.

     Aric Parr