From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 96 15:33:53 cst
     Hi TechNet!

     It sounds like the flux in your solder paste is loosing its suspension
     properties because of the shearing action during deposition onto your
     assembly. The flux in solder paste isn't suppose to do that (unless
     you formulate it too)! I suggest conducting the basic material tests
     on your paste (viscosity, slump, tack) and also contacting the solder
     paste vendor. This "spreading" of the flux element of the solder paste
     has been reported on in the literature (and I have observed it too)
     but the solder paste flux was breaking down leading to solder defects.
     Good luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins