From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 96 13:14:58 cst
     Hi Richard-

     I have not had any problems with the components you describe provided
     the plating was done correctly to begin with. There have been some
     discussions within the IPC solderability committees about the need to
     have "clean" packaging materials to avoid some of the problems you
     described (sulfur contamination/corrosion of a finish due to packaging
     is an industry documented phenomena, especially for silver finishes).
     Your packaging thoughts are an idea that many people would endorse but
     I don't think the refrigeration theory would be supported. Again -
     good plating should solve you problem. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins