Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 95 15:07:52 EST

     Does anyone have a good method for measuring the amount
of flux applied to a board, on a wave solder machine by a
spray drum fluxer. I'm trying to determine volume of flux
applied at various drum RPM's.
     Only method I'm aware of is to weigh a piece of pr-cut
mylar, apply flux, then weigh again.

     I want to use this to be able to baseline the wave
solder equipment at the beginning of the shift and whenever
a new batch of flux is received.  Sounds crazy, but I have
noticed differences in spray volume at same drum speeds, and
same air pressure. I'm using a Soltec Sigma wave.

     Any better ideas ?

                 Thanks in advance
                     Al Boulais
                     (603) 337-1253