Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 95 14:59:03 EST

Bob,

Thanks for your response. The machines I'm using are a
Soltec Sigma and Soltec Galaxy, both with nitrogen. ( have
ruled out nitrogen as a cause)
I have lowered the setings on the main, chip, and
smartwave (Sigma has only a main and chipwave) to the point
where I am barely soldering the bottom of the board. This
creates insufficient solders, misses, and shorts.

I am beginning to get the feeling that this condition
is inevitable when using these devices on the bottom of the
board. Maybe others have this problem and are not aware of
it because they dont x-ray, or have the problem but wont
admit it. I have gotten very few responses to this subject.

I have tried the glass plate approach, but will give it
another try.

I would appreciate any other suggestions you may have. My
current
plan is to design some fixtures that would put the boards at
a 45 degree angle and also a 20 degree angle to the wave.

Again, any other input you may have will be appreciated, as
this problem has consumed my time for the last 5 weeks.

Thanks,

Al Boulais

ps: if I ever solve this I'll let you know the solution