From:
[log in to unmask] (Peter Swanson)
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 09:51:59 GMT
In message <[log in to unmask]> Glynn Shaw writes:
> I have been following the recent thread relating to temperature stickers and
> contacted the supplier of Templaq mentioned by John Crawford. Templaq is
> geared for assembly rework and is not available in a temperature setting to
> suite my requirements.
>
> My question is this:
> Does anyone know of a temperature-indicating ink which might be screened or
> otherwise applied to boards during manufacture and whose purpose is to
> "ballpark" the highest temperatures seen during assembly, or to indicate
> that the board has exceeded a known temperature during assembly?

Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to establish the temperature range and
accuracy which is generally required for IR reflow profiling. Temperature
stickers, crayons, etc are available from a number of suppliers, but what
range is needed?

What is lowest temperature needed to be sensed?

What is highest temperature needed to be sensed?

What increments are needed? 1 degree, 5 degree, 10 degree?

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
Peter Swanson                                         Oxfordshire, England
[log in to unmask]                         Compuserve: 100120,3641

    Time is an illusion perpetuated by the manufacturers of space.
I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I