TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 19:49:14 -0400
if you are really needed (for prototype for example), use dummy and
sensor to get the dosage maximum defined, calculate the time exposure
and control the radiation.  a lot of work and used only for new
product development.  (if you have all the data, your customer might
accepted, since it is cutting edge prototype, they might not have
that much choice).  IMHO.  After you developed dose/time, program
machine to ensure no exposure exceed the max and use golden device as
reference for image comparison - that golden device would be dummy
after the inspection - non-functional.
Done it once, many years ago. major pain.  As the other said, if you
have alternative AOI for example, don't use X-ray.  (by the way, you
can use angle fixture if specific feature you need to see).
good luck .
jk