TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 19:51:52 -0400
As I wrote earlier, this is a failure of the IPC. Why would any maker of
X-ray inspection equipment accept responsibility for limiting dose to some
undefined level for silicon, when they also make equipment for inspecting
aluminum castings, plastics, ceramics, gold all of which absorb different
energy level emissions. Why would any device manufacturer limit their
market by publishing dose limits when their competitors do not.
If the IPC accepts responsibility for this problem, then a committee of
stake holders can Analyse the problem, Define the problem, Ideate solutions
for the problem, Implement and evaluate and revise.