TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 15:23:40 -0400
We had a great discussion on this topic last year. In response we purchased
a gross of little dosimeters from Landauer, and characterized our 3D AXI.
The results were truly horrifying.
We shared our results with the manufacturer. Characterized their new
machine and decided 3D AXI was not for us. We traded the machine for two
upgraded AOI machines.
Then we evaluated x-ray equipment with new knowledge. Added a zinc filter
and now do 2D x-ray at a safe and reasonable dose.