DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:15:13 -0500
Hey Frank,

Thanks for writing back.

Well, the tarnish is whatever happens when they sit on my desk
uncovered for more than a month or two
no testing,
ALL the unsoldered areas of silver boards ALWAYS tarnish
We don't specify the thickness, maybe we should

The environment is a sealed box (5psi) but they are mounted on
heavy equipment with brutal shack and vibe and temp cycling

So, what are lead-free folks using for switch contacts? gold?

onward thru the fog,
Jack

-=-=-=-