DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Haldor Husby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:09:09 +0200
There may well be differences in how terminology is used throughout the industry. I am used to refering to bed-of nails as the method of access (spring-loaded test pins in a matrix) while ICT refers to a test method and a greater toolset. ICT is always fixtured with a bed-of nails, while functional test may gain access to the nets through a bed of nails (from the same fixture vendors as ICT fixtures) or be connectorized, so it is mostly in the context of a functional test the method of access needs to be specified.

Haldor Husby, Senior Development Engineer
Data Respons Norge AS
Kongsberg Næringspark
P.O. Box 1022
N-3601 Kongsberg, Norway

Tel: +47 32 29 94 00    Fax: +47 32 29 94 40
Dir: +47 32 29 94 18    Mob: +47 48 04 83 68