TECHNET Archives

August 2003

Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:01:01 -0400
"We currently buy
>phones and other items that start failing after a year or
>less."
======
Phone could be a critical tool at time of crises, such as the 911 call
during last week's blackout for people trapped some places.  Are you
telling me there is no reliability assessment on the green leaf product?
Is the product pass the tests, such as thermal shock without dwell, the
like Warner mentioned in his e-mail?  That is really scary.  If the
product is pass all the tests but still fail in the field in such short
time, look like we better not count on it for the 911 call...(it better
don't have blackout today!).  Look like we would get more disposible
phone for the land fill... 1 year vs. 3 year minimum of regular
Pb/Sn.... Let's see what EU going to say about that....(no requirement
to take back the leadfree product...hahaha...may be we can send them
back to EU for land fill....hehehe).
                                                            jk