TECHNET Archives

May 2001

Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 11:14:51 -0400
Quad QSP and QSV in series. The QSV places the BGAs and most of the fine
pitch components.

Let me clarify something from my previous post. When I say I have not found
a compelling reason to use locals on .5mm leaded devices, it is because I do
not see a difference in placement accuracy with and without the locals. I
have tried it both ways. That is not to say the machines are always dead on
with accuracy, they aren't. We do have to sometimes tweak fine pitch parts
into place. I don't necessarily think we should have to, but we just haven't
gotten there yet. I would be interested in hearing other experiences with
placement accuracy.

Bob

Robert Barr
Manufacturing Engineering