TGASIA Archives

June 2007

TGAsia@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Neves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Asia Committe Task Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Neves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:43:59 -0700
Hello Noralee,

This requirement is meant to assess the overall "indentations" on a
surface in a 300mm x 300mm square area.  The difficulty with analyzing
several indentations of different sizes is that you cannot just count
them (1, 2, 3) and make them equal as a larger indentation is a bigger
issue than a smaller one.  So the "point value" chart assigns bigger
indentations a larger number than "1" as they can be a bigger issue. So
if a CCL surface (300mm x 300mm) has 3 (0.18mm indentations) "point
value of 1", 2 (0.36mm indentations) "point value of 2" and 1 (0.65mm
indentation) "point value of 4", then the "point value" score for
indentations is 11 (1+1+1+2+2+4).  I now take that "point value" number
of 11 down to table 3-4 "Surface Quality Classification" and see that
with a point value of 11, my surface quality is "Class B".

Please let me know if I or Microtek Laboratories can be of any further
help.

Best Regards,

Bob Neves

Chairman/CTO