From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 96 08:35:00 cst
     Hi John -

     Let me throw another angle at you - the width of your conductors will
     influence your solder wetting even if you have good solderability or
     acceptable heat transfer! FM Hosking's paper "Parametric Study on the
     Solderability of Etched PWB Copper" in the SMI 96 proceedings (page
     671) might be helpful. He has done some interesting work on how
     roughness, temperature, flux, etc (many variables) can impact wetting.
     I'll bet that the influence of copper thickness can be pulled out of
     his equations or maybe one of the listed references could be helpful.
     Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins