From:
"John Gully" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:56:29 +600 CDT
Address,

Has anyone identified the true benefits for using WET resist
lamination over DRY (specific to the Dupont HRL-24 Hot Roll Laminator)?
I am already familiar with most of the pros and cons of both.
In working with our operators daily, we run WET lamination for
inner layers and DRY lamination for external layers.  Seldom
does the wall mounted pressure and/or water valves work for
WET lamination for inner layers.  On several occasions I have
found the WET method (hardware) to not work.

I pose this same question with our vendors on what they see
at other shops they frequent.  WET is always the loser.

Since the exit temperature is critical to resist adhesion, I
figure the wetting process would hinder the surface temperature
from peaking.  Is this true?

If the nominal roller temperature is 120 degrees C what is the
recommended surface exit temperature?

Please advise...

John Gulley