TECHNET Archives

May 2002

Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 18:32:49 EDT
Hi Jack!

Many of the solder companies make preforms, kinda' tedious to deal with
though. Depending on what kind of PTH component it is, there is a company
called TEKA (http://www.tekais.com) that make headers, sockets, connectors,
that have what they call SBL (Solder Bearing Lead) Technology.

I've got some boards here that have double-sided SMT and is NOT wave-able due
to the design, and has PTH headers that go through both sides of the board
and would have to be hand soldered...but not anymore They're fixing me up
with some headers and sockets that will be dropped in and reflowed along with
the SMT.

I've used these before at another company when we built PC104 products...they
work great!

-Steve Gregory-