TECHNET Archives

May 2002

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Denis Lefebvre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:01:49 -0700
Frank;

The best place to go for 'formal' training in PCB design principles is The Copper Connection in Santa Clara Ca. www.copperconnection.org. Then, there is the issue of the CAD package. A specific CAD package must be selected and learned as well. Personally, I've been used the PADS layout tool for 15+ years and I am still learning new things. If you have access to a CAD design platform, GREAT! If not, for your purposes, I'd go with the cheapest thing you can find just to get familiar with the design process.

Denis Lefebvre, C.I.D.
Senior PCB Designer
408-542-3832
Finisar Corporation