From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 96 18:06:57 cst
     Hi John -

     I assume that PLCC is a plastic leadless chip carrier. The reliability
     of LCC's as a component type doesn't rank up in the top ten! The
     electronics industry as a whole went through quite a bit of testing
     for several years with the end result that relying on solder for both
     the electrical and mechanical connection was not a good idea. Your 44
     pin is a fairly large size and you are putting it on a curve - do a
     bunch of testing to assure yourself that the joint reliability meets
     your use environment. Werner Engelmeir is a good source for additional
     info on the pro's and con's of LCCs - he should be commenting on your
     question too. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins