From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 96 06:07:16 cst
     Hi Bill -

     Thanks for the shot Bill, I resemble that! (see apology posted earlier
     this week on the TechNet). What I should have emphasized when I was
     critical of Bob Willis's posting is that if he gets to have to
     opportunity to "announce" his workshop sessions then other TechNet
     users who are conducting workshops should have the same opportunity. I
     don't think that TechNet is that type of posting forum. Maybe IPC
     could setup an additional forum (yes, I know that most of us don't
     want to look up another forum, pre-appologies for that suggestion) for
     those folks in the industry that don't have access to all of the
     Conference mailings that many of us receive. Workshop and technical
     meeting session contents are very useful for a wide range of
     technologists and can help for advance planning, etc. Equally, such
     information is overkill for many organizations who
     people/procedures/systems for distribute the information company or
     division wide. Ultimately, this is an issue the TechNet system
     administrator will review and decide how to handle. We TechNetee's
     need to give them feedback on how the TechNet community feels about
     these types of issues in a constructive manner. Enough said, I'll get
     off my soapbox.

     Dave "I'm human too" Hillman
     Rockwell Collins