TECHNET Archives

June 2000

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:42:12 -0700
Jim (and others),

I subscribe to technet through the "digest version" which converts attachments to embedded text that appears to be gobbledy-gook  (nice technical word, eh?) on te M/S Outlook screen but FORTUNATELY cannot execute! Not only does this version of technet offer "some protection" but also condenses the many e-mails into one or two large ones. Try it, you'll like it!

As for your appology:
"Thanks for your input, I apologize for this not being TechNet related info."
IMHO, this is technet related and we all can learn from it...

An old Polish proverb (well, maybe not Polish, but who's gonna check):
The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

On that note, Good day all!

Ed Popielarski <---------(notice the "ski" at the end?)
QTA Machine
10 Mc Laren, Ste. D
Irvine, Ca. 92618

Ph: 949-581-6601
Fx: 949-581-2448

http://www.qta.net
On Tuesday, June 20, 2000 3:26 PM, West, Jim [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I received this virus today and I know better than to open any
attachments,
> so I did not launch the virus.  But, I'm curios how everyone else handled
> this situation.  We have our computer guys here that are suppose to
monitor
> any incoming e-mails with attachments and quarantine anything that is a
> virus.  Unfortunately, this does not always work, like today.  Did your
> systems warn you about this virus?  If so, did your computer guys know
ahead
> of time and updated their virus programs?  Or, did they just hear through
> the grape vine and warned you in advance?  Thanks for your input, I
> apologize for this not being TechNet related info.
>
> Jim

Check out our BGA Baller and Process Equipment Services!