TECHNET Archives

May 2000

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 16:40:52 -0700
Another technique you might try is to immerse the part in a solderbath at a very high (600F) temp, let it stay in there for about 30 sec, the wipe it off with a dry towel. This should build up the intermetalic boundary layer substantialy, then wiping it will expose the boundary layer. These intermetalics are very difficult if not impossible to solder.

Another thought would be to plate nickle onto the part, but that might cause a skin if the base material is SnPb.

A little more detail on the device would help.

Ed Popielarski
QTA Machine
10 Mc Laren, Ste. D
Irvine, Ca. 92618

Ph: 949-581-6601
Fx: 949-581-2448

http://www.qta.net

Check out our BGA Baller and Process Equipment Services!