From:
"Crawford, John A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 95 14:42:00 EST

Following is from the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis. Prepared by Tony
Burnett, an engineer working in the area of X-Ray inspection of soldered
connections. Tony has experience with several generations of Four Pi X-Ray
Laminography systems, the Vanzetti laser solder/inspection system, and
Robotic Vision Systems Inc (RVSI) laser inspection systems. Tony is a
Category B (Government instructor / inspector) to MIL-STD-2000 and has been
working in the area of solder acceptance criteria for the past several
years.

It looks like a good contact for you would be Four Pi Systems in San Diego,
CA.  However, they are in the transition process to Fort Collins CO because
they were recently purchased by Hewlett Packard and may be difficult to
contact.  A good contact would be Mr. Bruce Bolliger, Vice President for the
sales division. His number is (619) 485 - 8551.   This will get you to the
receptionist who should then be able to redirect your call.  They have sold
systems worldwide and may be able to get you some contacts in several
different parts of the world.

In addition, one of my colleagues has been working with another X-Ray
manufacturer known as IRT.  IRT is located in San Diego, CA and as the trend
seems to be, has recently been purchased.  Although the details are a little
sketchy, it looks like IRT was purchased by Nicolet.  There are rumors that
IRT/Nicolet  will start marketing another Solder acceptance system in the
March '96 timeframe.  If this is of any interest to you, let us know and we
will try to find you a contact.

You can contact us direct at [log in to unmask] or
317.226.5616.