TECHNET Archives

May 2003

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:05:59 EDT
Hi All!

Well, after a week of getting the bejeebers scared out of me listening to
tornado warnings and watches being broadcast, sirens going off (Friday
night), we've got a beautiful day here. Luckily, we didn't catch much of the
really bad storms here in Tulsa...

Anyway, I've just been recently informed that the R560 (water soluble), and
the R244NC (no-clean) is coming off Kesters "Preferred" products. They're
being replaced by a HM531 (water soluble), and a PM202 (no-clean).

I'm getting samples sent to me of course, to do my own evaluations, but I was
just wondering if anybody else has switched over to the new formulas, and how
they like them.

From a couple of discussions I have had with Kester, and reading the
datasheets, these new pastes will print at faster squeegee speeds (which
isn't a big deal to us since we're a low-to-medium volume shop), and wets
better to different finishes, such as Ag/Pd and OSP's.

The one thing that I did notice with the HM531 that I don't care for a whole
lot, is that the shelf life has decreased to 4-months vs. 6-months with the
R560. I can envision now, since we buy our paste through distribution, that
we're going to get paste that will have very little shelf life left. We were
running into that problem occasionally even with 6-month life paste.

-Steve Gregory-