Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 19:36:40 -0700

If you are doing high volume inhouse manufacturer doing 1M/month or more like
3Com, you should consider laser bar coding.

If not there is a system called Zebra that we use when the laser cells are not
working.  For more details on this label marking system contact John Bueno
(3Com) at 408-764-6213.  Basically the plastic label that  is placed after wave
soldering is a hex -adecimal serial number that is used to assign ENet addresses
and to track quality defects at test and de-bug.