Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:02:39 -0600
     Vu,

     I went through this process once before.  I defined the process as
     Soldermask Dot Printing.  Its not one stop shopping but it works.  Set
     up one DP-10 screen exposing vias to be filled.  Only fill the
     soldermask from one side.  Three (3) passes may be required to push
     the soldermask to the solder side (pending board thkness).  Soldermask
     dimples will be apparent on the solder side, but no need for concern.

     Two side filling will entrap air/moisutre in the via in-turn causing
     soldermask blowhole which may result in further process problems at
     assembly.  Since filling the vias with mask is prior to HAL, entrapped
     air/moisture with component heat will oxidize the copper, in-turn may
     cause reliability issues.  In other cases, oxidation propagates no
     further than the top micrometer barrier, therfore protecting the
     underlying copper (argueable).

     Any how, cure the LPI following Dot Print and proceed forward as
     normal. The mask was either Taiyo PSR4000 or Ciba Probimer 52.

     I have an idea of what you are trying to achieve.  There is an
     alternative to what you are trying to process.  Call me and I can
     explain further.

     John Gulley - QA
     972-578-3928