Date:
Sat, 07 Dec 1996 10:41:43 -0800
First, please do not send messages TO the list and copy CC to the
individual.
I will get 2 messages. Thank you.

If your question is
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> how about pacothane ?

I already answer to somebody, but maybe other people are interested:

We also use Tedlar, but I believe it is not the best material to be used
in such application. I believe that the Tedlar will partially fill the
hole (because of the temperature, pressure and vacuum conditions),
before the prepeg will have the chance to melt and move through the hole
to the surface. For this reasons, the hole looks like a crater, with
prepeg flowing outside of the hole, at the edge of the hole, trying to
escape the bump created by Tedlar in the hole.

As for Pacothane, it does not justify the price, for the results which
are almost identical to Tedlar usage.

Thanks,
Julian

We use Tedlar, but I know that this is not the best solution, and I'm
looking for something else. I have prepeg outside of the hole; when I
look from top of the panel I can see a lot of prepeg around the holes,
however looking at an angle (45) I am able to see that the hole is not
fully filed (I don't see a bump where the hole is. This is confirmed in
the crossection view, even if I cannot see it tridimensional. The
difference between the copper surface and the bottom of the hole is
probably less than 1 mil, but I don't like it.

I use a standard lamination cycle, with kiss cycle, followed by high
pressure and heat, under continuous vacuum.

Julian