From:
[log in to unmask] (Tom Tindale)
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 95 11:37:13 EDT
We have a customer who requires tin/tin type sockets as opposed to tin/gold
for all their socketed components. Their reasoning is based on the corrosion
potential from the dissimilar metals. Our problem is that tin/tin sockets
are becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain, and in some cases more
expensive than their gold plated counterparts. My question is: Has anyone
have any information  or done any testing on this subject. We would like to
change their thinking if possible. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas Tindale
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Performance Computer