TECHNET Archives

March 2003

From:
ME Magnin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:05:48 +0100
a simple, efficient and cheap way is to make a dedicated tip for your
soldering iron to remove the socket. (material CuCrZr with 0.3/1.2% Cr and
0.03/0.3% Zr)
of course, you need then to empta the holes and hand solder the new part.
according to our experience, it works pretty well (of course, the tip will
be totally destroyed at the end)
good luck

ME Magnin

FIRSTEC SA