From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 96 08:03:23 cst
     Good Morning!

     Your supplier seems to have lost the recipe and I agree with you -
     your tolerances are reasonable and your vendor should be able to meet
     them. A gold/nickel finish would work for your press fit pins because
     you typically do one-and-done insertion - you make a good
     metallurgical connection and leave it alone. If you were going to do
     several connect/disconnects and/or had low insertion forces I would be
     concern about leaving oxide/metal debre that would later cause
     electrical problems.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins