From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 96 17:06:37 cst
     Hi Jim -

     I haven't the foggiest idea what your brown residue is but you could
     conduct a Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) analysis to pinpoint its
     identity. FTIR analysis is the organic material analysis counterpart
     to Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) analysis for elements. With the
     FTIR analysis you can compare the residue scan with a phenolic scan, a
     solder mask scan, and a lacquer scan to see if any match. Good Luck.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins