From:
Michael Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
08 Nov 96 16:10:10 EST

All No clean really means is no need to clean because the residues are believed
safe and look OK..
[RMA fluxes are believed safe but look messy.]
However most people equate no clean with low residue and give themselves a hard
time as a result.
A number of companies can supply you with repair fluxes which are noncorrosive,
not dependent on "burn off" for safety and can be removed if required. These
products are effectively solderless solderpastes.
They do have slightly higher residues, but whether or not these are acceptable
to you you will have to try - there is no way of technically assessing aesthetic
appearance.
If you can't locate a suitable supplier feel free to come back to me and I can
pass on a US companiy.

Mike Fenner
BSP UK.