From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 96 06:38:30 cst
     Good Morning Ken -

     I have seen CCAs run through our wave solder that exhibit the same
     type of thing you've described but ours were more toward the purple
     side of the spectrum. I spent a bunch of time trying to find an
     assignable cause but never did. The testing I did showed that the
     solder joints had a bit more oxide than normal. I finally concluded
     that it was an oxide appearance issue and no reliability problems
     existed. Chalk it up as one more reason for not using visual
     inspection to gauge solder joint reliability (that shiny solder joint
     culture, bah humbug!).

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins