From:
Kerry Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 14:07:19 -0800 (PST)
	I have been assigned the dubious task of selecting a production
fab shop for one of the PWBs in our products. Since in the past I have
only dealt with prototype fab shops as I am in the engineering
development side of things, I have no clue as to the appropriate
methodology for seeking out a production shop.

	I apologize if this is not an appropriate posting to this mailing
list, but I don't know of a better venue at the moment. If this is
inappropriate and someone knows of a better venue for such inquiries, I
would much appreciate hearing from you via email.

	My main concern for this posting is that although most
engineering people can find a few shops via either endorsements from
assembly shops or prototype fab shops, I am more interested in
determining a more standard method of seeking out a production fab shop
based on projected annual orders, locale, particular board design, etc.
In other words, based on certain criteria, who should I decide to quote
and know that they are interested in the type of board I am attempting to
get them signed up to produce. In my opinion, there has to some sort of
database(s) which you can query for such details to narrow your search to
a specific few shops so quotes can be sent out for selection.

	Again, I apologize if this is the wrong venue for such a posting.
Thanks in advance for any information which anyone may be able to provide
in this matter. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year as well.

Kerry Murphy                       | "There is nothing so important that one's
Email: [log in to unmask]              |    family should be forced to play 2nd
FTP: ftp.crl.com/users/ke/kerrym   |    fiddle. Spend quality time with your