TECHNET Archives

January 2002

From:
Richard Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:19:35 -0800
Keach, MoonMan, et al,

Great forum, great subject, great participants and participation. Yes,
'periodically' has its time and it appears its time has come. Public THANKS
to IPC for their support in ALL arena's.

I for one do not appreciate the way some companies do business and although
I did not partake in the thread I did read every posting and in the
interest of expanding knowledge and documenting 'new vocabulary' I would
like to present the following list for review by all. And if the discussion
continues off-line please add my address to the distribution.

Bloatware:

Metastable: (I had the term "metastable" explained to me by being told to
imagine a pyramid balancing on  its point.)

Microsloth:

Microsuck:

Microswill:

Micro$oft:  (Interesting note: This is the only term that Eudora spell
check does not 'tag' as misspelled)

Spondulacks:

Thingummies:

Weindoz:

Windoze:

Thanking one and all. If you would like to submit any other terms
(off-line) I would be happy to add them. Daffynitions would also be
appropriate. I will make the compiled list available to one and all later
with an announcement as to where it can be found.

Richard

At 10:37 AM 1/7/02 -0600, Keach reminded us:
>Periodically we have to send out a reminder that Technet is a technical
>forum, for discussing electronics manufacturing issues. This is one of
>those times.  Since there are over 1,000 subscribers on the forum, there
>will be occasional off-topic discussions that will stir up heated
>discussion due to the subject and the number of people subscribed.
-snip-