DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
HiTek National <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:07:10 -0500
Paul,
Generally speaking the board will go thru flash plating (Microns) prior to
prime the
hole before they are placed in the plating tanks for the final plating
process which
should give you a minimum of 1 mil of copper in the holes after all is said
and done.
So adding the  .00072" ( 1/2 oz copper plating up to 1 oz ) plus the flash
plating you should
get roughly 1 mil of copper in the hole.  The vendor can leave the PCBS in
the plating
tanks longer to add cooper but must be careful not to cook the boards to
long where other
problems may arise.

Mike
HiTek National