DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Olson, Jack" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:38:57 -0600
That seems like a tough question, did you get any answers yet?

In my opinion (take it with a grain of salt, sometimes common sense
doesn't count for much in this industry) the lifecycle is most dependant
on thermal cycling, and there is no data for burn-in type studies in
the design specs or acceptance criteria that I know of.

Maybe you would have better luck looking for solderability studies
done by the committees, they might have some useful data for you.

Good luck,
Jack (the new guy)