DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Vanech <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:29:08 +0000
  My comments..
     We normally assign L to R, BUT, B to T. Why, you
  ask??? Uniformity!! Since most design want all
  components need the connectors, components are placed
  as close to the I/O as posible. Therefore near the
  top, we would add empty pads for the alway popular
  bye-the-way/additions/deletions/enhancement/etc.
  Now, everyone in the food chain knows where U1, R1
  etc are starting. If additional parts are added after
  a design has been released, then we will just assign
  next ref des reguardless of position. Why, because
  there are tons of documentation (test procedures,
  fixtures, manuals, etc.) out on the street and you
  don't want to replace all because you added a pull
  down resistor near the bottom of the board. Why not!
      Just the way we do business. Have a great day.

                         Regards,
  Bob Vanech
  BVAN Enterprise