TECHNET Archives

June 1999

Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:04:00 -0700
At 12:14 PM 6/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We have a large amount of data stored in a personal computer version of the
>old Applicon CAD system.  The PC version is called Personal 870 and was
>manufactured by Automated Images at one time then I think it was a product
>of Seer?  I would hate to lose this archived data in case of
>hardware/software failure.  Does anyone know of a contact of where I can
>purchase another copy of this software.  A keyless version would be ideal.
>
>Another avenue:  Does anyone know of a CAD/CAM translator for the old
>Personal 870 files.
>
>Wm. Dean May
>NSWC Crane
>Bldg. 38, Code 8086
>300 Highway 361
>Crane, IN 47522
>812-854-3073

I believe that that Automated Images is still around in one form or another.
Last I heard, some of the AI people were in Campbell CA working on a software
called Electric Image or Electric Pencil. They have a "freeware" version of
the Applicon software and earn their money doing support. I think a fellow
named Steve Rubin is there and he certainly knows about the Applicon 870.

I ran across their name some time ago doing a search on GDSII, stream, Calma.
If you add Applicon to the keyword search I am sure you will turn up their
site.

SDB
PCTOOLs
Microelectronic Tools and Utiltiies