TECHNET Archives

May 1999

From:
Tom Bresnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 07:54:47 -0400
     Hi Ed...
     The IPC-D-356 file he supplies you should not be generated from the
     gerbers, it should be generated from the CAD database. You would then
     need to generate a netlist from the "gerbers" you produce and compare
     the two. You're on the right track with the comparison you're doing
     after edit and panelization. Take the next step and compare it to the
     supplied -356 from your customer. If TD doesn't have this "compare"
     built in, there are third party packages available out there. Drop me
     a line if you need a name or number....
     regards,
     Tom