TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Denis Meloche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:58:10 -0400
My experience was steam age and solderability test components and if they
pass then to store in a drybox for up to 2 years.  After 2 years repeat
steam age and solderability and store for another 2 years.  When things
didn't pass steam age and solderability we determined the extent of the
failure and considered our needs and the current performance of the
material.  Perhaps we used it, perhaps not. C of C's are worthless as far
as I am concerned when it comes to solderability.  They were typically a
xeroxed scrap of paper that was basically useless.  All parts that failed
were supplied with a C of C. In the case of a few failed components we
found out that they were at least 7 years old and stocked by a distr'r for
that length of time.
There is no replacement for testing the components.

Denis Meloche
Heraeus Cermalloy