TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Denis Meloche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:10:44 -0400
I am of the opinion that if someone requests specific information on a
supplier or process then it is acceptable to supply anecdotal information
on specific suppliers including names, address, and phone numbers.  In the
last day I remember inputs on entec and a supplier, esd and a supplier,
flex circuits and suppliers, BGA reclamation and suppliers, bellcore
requirements and their supplier, IPC requirements and supplier, flux and
suppliers, etc.

In a technology as complex and rapidly evolving as electronics,
communication is vital to our survival.  The knowledge of a supplier that
can solve a problem via a proprietary process or product could be the
difference between competitiveness and
bankruptcy.  Can we really afford not to share this information?

Denis Meloche
Heraeus Cermalloy