TECHNET Archives

April 1997

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:30:10 -0500
>From the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis; prepared by Pat Kane:

The best scenario here is to put a cooling station at the exit of the wave
conveyor.  The boards would enter the station, and it has fans over and
under the conveyor blowing on the board as it passes.  The  board would
enter the cooling station as a time function of how long the exit conveyor
distance is on a given wave solder system.  One vendor I know who sells
this type of equipment is Dynapace.  The contact there is Jim Struck or
anyone in sales would help you out.  The # is 800-837-5757.  I've used this
cooling station before, and it works well. Please contact the EMPF HelpLine
at 317.655.3688 if you desire additional discussion of this.

>----------
>>From: Ryan Chase <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Wave Solder Fan
>>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:07:49 -0700
>>
>>Does anyone have any information on what type of fan (ionizer) works
>>best at the end of the wave solder machine?
>>
>>We are having some problem with cold solder joints on some of the
>>products with large ground planes.  They are taking too long to cool.  I
>>was going to place an ionizer that will blow onto the bottom of the
>>board as it leaves the wave solder machine.  We are running an
>>Electrovert 2000/s.
>>
>>Also does anyone have any information or experience with how far away
>>from the wave itself the fan should be placed?
>>
>>Any help is appreciated.
>>-------
>>Ryan Chase - Manufacturing Engineer
>>Harris Canada Inc.