TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 12:13:20 -0600 (CST)

The long awaited Amendment to the Surface Mount Design and Land Pattern
Standard is now available.

The single change that had the most impact was reduced the fabrication
and placement tolerances from 0.2 mm to 0.1 mm. As a result the
recommended lands patterns for the following components were effected:

Chip Resistors
Chip Capacitors
Tantalum Capacitors
MELFs
SOD 123
TO 252/TO 268
SOICs
SSOICs
SOPs
TSOPs
SOJs
PQFPs
SQFPs
CQFPs
PLCCs

We have conveniently reprinted each effected subsection in its entirety with
the new land pattern dimensions.

The Amendment is available to members for $10, to nonmembers for $20.

Please call our order department at (847) 509-9700

Lisa M. Williams
Technical Staff
IPC
2215 Sanders Road