TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
Michael Barmuta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:21:28 -0800
	Chuck: You're right MX is hard to strip.We looked at it for both deep
		gold and acid Cu pattern plate.It's a great plating resist,it
		has minimal lifting,good line resolution and edge definition;
		maybe a little on the brittle side.
		It definetly does not strip as fast as other dryfilm resists
		we have used.We had to reduce the stripper conveyor speed by
		50% and in some cases reuired a double pass on product with
		tighter spacing to assure complete stripping.
		In our case we were laminating it to els.Cu/antitarnish	and
	       also to els.Cu/scrub with similar photo processing and hold
		times to yours.The stripper chemistry was a monoethanolamine
		based Dexter product 12-13%bv,120-125F.
		We found increasing chemical concentration of the stripper
		gave very little improvement,raising the temp helped a little
		bit more but nothing dramatic.However be careful this can
                also start to cause problems in your resist particulate fil-
		tation system.
		The shorter the time between lamination and strip the better,
		also any pre-bake prior to plate locks the resist into the
		surface making it harder to strip.
		Obviously in addition to other stipper chemistries mechanical
		issues such as sray pressures,nozzle type/configuration
		chemical delivery systems(flood heads)etc. will influence
		the strip rate.
						Regards
						Michael Barmuta
						Staff Engineer